Effortless But Trendy Summer Makeup Ideas for Beginners 2022
That time of the year is here!
The time when we girls can fulfill all our #OOTD and #OOTN goals. The time when we can finally shake off the hefty layers of clothes and slide into an airy sundress, a casual tank-top, or a fancy strapless shirt.
However, some, if not most of us, get stuck in two areas of dressing: makeup and hairstyles.
But worry not, ma girls! We hear you. And we are here to bring you the most basic, yet in-trend makeup looks to rock this summer!
Before we dive into details, it is necessary to map out the vibe of a look.
The vibe we’re aiming for is casual, chick-flick, skin-friendly, and glowy.
Now, that might seem boring to some, but in our opinion, this kind of makeup is evergreen. It works on most occasions, it always looks beautiful, and the best part? It takes the least amount of time.
As a reference, here is an image of the kind of makeup look we’re talking about.
Photo from Instagram @alwaysplayingwithmakeup
How to Achieve the Trendy Summer Makeup Look
Now that you know what wive we’re aiming for, let’s talk you through the details.
- Use hydrating skincare products (not greasy) at least 15 minutes before you begin your makeup application.
- Spot Conceal! Yes, if you want that skin-like finish, refrain from using foundations and just conceal the areas that need a little evening out. A BB cream or a tinted moisturizer would do too if you wish for all-over coverage.
- Choose a neutral-toned, rosy pink, or coral colored blush.
- If you wish to have that lit-from-within glow to your skin, ditch the matte products and reach out for cream blush and bronzer. Or a cream blush and a cheek tint. Your skin will stay hydrated and juicy-looking throughout the day.
- Set the concealer and all the cream products with a small helping of translucent powder.
- Conceal to neutralize your eyelids, and then set them with a powder.
- Apply a warm-toned brown color all over the lids.
- Curl your lashes, and apply a generous coat of mascara for youthful eyes.
- You can stop here, or you can do more as described below.
- Take a shimmery shadow in the color of your choice and apply it along ¾ of your eyelids. (If you’re not sure what shimmer color to apply, go for bronze, copper, or muted golden tones)
- Use the same brown color to blend the edges.
- Pinch the same blending brush and run it along the lower lashline.
- Optional: Finish off with a slightly winged eyeliner.
- Line your lips with a nude-brown lipliner.
- Fill in with soft pink, coral, or nude gloss OR a creamy lipstick of the same color family.
- Optional: Apply a lip tint in the centre for long-lasting color.
If You Wish to Experiment
As described above, this makeup is suitable for most occasions. However, if you wish to dress up or dress down, or just are in the mood to experiment a bit, we recommend you follow one or both of these steps to get there without panicking.
- Change your lip color to something more bold and fun to take the makeup up a notch.
- Add more colors to the eye makeup if you wish to make it more formal.
Remove the shimmer if you wish to make it subtle.
If you’re a beginner in makeup who gets complexed easily – just keep in mind the gist of this blog:
The face makeup remains constant for every occasion (natural and healthy), and the eye and lip colors can vary (from bold to subtle).
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE