The Benefits of Using Bath Beads and Salts in Your Self-Care Routine
Bathing is a great way to express self-care. Not many people are aware of the role a warm bath plays in detoxifying the body and mind from the surrounding. But a bath is never complete without your favorite bath salts or bath beads. Those who know understand how these salt-based indulgences amplify a regular bathing experience by relaxing and restoring the body after a long day.
In this blog, we will talk about the ways by which using bath beads and bath salts in your daily baths completes your self-care routine. But before we get into their benefits, first we’ll like to describe what bath beads/salts are.
What are Bath Beads?
Bath beads are tiny gel capsules that immediately dissolve in warm water to make the bathwater smell pleasant. These can come in different sizes, colors, and forms, depending on the ingredients.
What are Bath Salts?
These are salt granules that are mixed in the bathwater. Bathing in this salt mixture can help the body in a lot of ways.
What are Their Benefits?
Defense Against Harms
- Salt plays a major role in detoxifying, cleansing, and healing the skin from the underlying dead cells and fosters the growth of new ones.
- These salts are great antiseptic and antibacterial agents so including them in your bathwater can fight the bacteria sitting on your body and heal your wounds.
- These salts can be absorbed by your skin to fill in for minor salt loss due to sweating.
Moisturize to Glow
- Bathing in salt water once a week for 15-20 minutes can moisturize the body and purge the impurities to capture glowing skin.
- Bath beads also play a role in moisturizing the skin with the hydrating agents present in them, so it helps your skin retain the moisture in it.
- Bath salts and bath beads are a way to amplify your regular bathing experience with calming fragrances and a sense of relaxation.
- Bath beads release pleasant fragrance when dissolved in water, aiding relaxation for your body and mind.
- Salt baths have been proven to be highly effective for chronic pain in muscles and joints. In case of injury and surgery, salt baths are recommended for recovery.
- Salts are the natural healing agents that, even after being absorbed by the body, don’t harm it.
Many people around the world acquire insomnia due to problems in life or their health condition. In this case, it is advised to take magnesium-rich baths that calm the body and mind and can actually be helpful in reducing insomnia and inducing sleep.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE