At-Home Vegan-Friendly Masks You Can Make Yourself for Radiant Skin
“No, Karen, I do not want to put eggs, milk, and honey on my face.” Thought every vegan ever when they searched for DIY face masks that required these famous ingredients.
For all the OG Vegans out there, we have compiled a list of face masks that you can take pride in, for they are cruelty-free and plant-based. Also, they work.
DIY Vegan-Friendly Masks
Cucumber Aloe Cooling Pack
Cucumber and aloe vera are both cooling, soothing, and hydrating ingredients. A mask made out of these ingredients will not only hydrate your skin but will also make it radiant and fresh.
To make this mask:
- Blend half a cucumber and the gel of 1 small aloe vera leaf in a blender.
- Optional: Add vegan yogurt to thicken the consistency.
- Apply a generous layer of the mask and let it sit for 15-20 mins before washing off.
Tip: To turn this into a cooling peel-off mask – instead of yogurt, add 1 tsp of agar agar powder into the mixture.
Turmeric Brightening Mask
This year-old face mask recipe is reserved to be used on big days for South Asian women. It is also the secret to their ‘bridal glow’.
Turmeric is the key ingredient in this mask. It is sought after by melanin-rich women due to its ability to treat hyper-pigmentation, heal the skin, and brighten it.
- In 2 tablespoons of chickpea or oat flour, add ½ tsp of turmeric powder.
- Mix in vegan yogurt to form your desired consistency.
- Apply the mask to your face, neck, and hands and let it dry.
- Wash off after no more than 15 mins.
Disclaimer: Turmeric may stain the skin. However, it will fade off fairly quickly.
Fruit Power Pack
All the good stuff combined in one!
This power pack is made up of super-fruits that will treat your skin and make it shine bright. It consists of 3 fruits: banana, avocado, and strawberries
The banana will moisturize, while the avocado will soothe and provide essential nutrients to the skin. The antioxidants and vitamin-C rich strawberries will brighten and help fade hyper-pigmentation.
- Mash 1 banana, half an avocado, and 2-3 strawberries in a bowl (double the quantity if you plan to eat it too).
- Apply a generous layer on your face and wash off after 15-20 mins.
Before you get your hopes high – no, it does not involve the use of real chocolate. However, it is going to be equally delicious, i.e., if the taste is your concern.
This facial involves cocoa powder and our trusty banana. This combination will give you a healthy, radiant-looking complexion in no time! The antioxidants in the cocoa powder will reverse age you if used regularly.
- Mash 1 banana and stir in 1-1 ½ tsp of dark or unsweetened cocoa powder until well combined.
- Apply a generous layer of mask on the face, neck, and hands for 15 mins.
Incorporate these masks into your weekly skincare routine, and you will have an effortless glow on your face in no time!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: