Face Shaving for Women: How to Remove Facial Hair AKA Peach Fuzz
Smooth skin equals flawless makeup.
No, we aren’t talking about the acne-free, texture-free smooth skin – although that is great too, not everything can be in our control now, can it? We are talking about something more achievable that will leave us with smooth, baby-soft skin within minutes – Face Shaving.
What is Face Shaving for Women?
Don’t get scared by hearing the words “shaving” and “women” in the same sentence. Although shaving serves the same purpose for women as for men, i.e., getting rid of unwanted facial hair, the process and tools are entirely different.
Women can shave their facial hair using a straight edge, single blade razor, also known as tinkle razor, specifically designed for us. It helps get rid of small, translucent hair on our face called Vellus hair, also known as peach fuzz. Vellus hair is all over our face whether you can see it or not. They help protect our skin by catching dirt and germs and keeping our skin’s temperature at optimum value.
What are the benefits of Face Shaving?
1. Helps smooth and brighten the skin by eliminating peach fuzz and dead skin cells sitting on the surface of our face.
2. Flawless canvas for makeup application.
3. A cheap, safe, and pain-free way of getting rid of hair anywhere from your face – may it be around the mouth, side-burn area, forehead, near the eyebrows, or chin.
4. Boosts confidence because facial hair can be an insecurity for many women.
Will Face Shaving make my hair grow back thicker?
No, shaving your face does not alter the texture or feel of your hair. It will grow back the same as it was initially. However, it may feel rough and prickly after a day or two of a fresh shave. The reason is that the hair was cut off at a straight angle from the surface of your skin. Hence, it will grow back right where it was cut, making it rough in the beginning. However, it will become even once it grows more.
How do I Shave My Face At Home?
- Cleanse your face with a gentle cleanser that does not have any active ingredients in it.
- Pat dry your face and then apply a thin layer of oil, lotion, cream, or simply aloe vera gel. This will give the slip to the razor and make the shaving process a lot smoother.
- Begin with the sides of your face. Hold the razor at a 45-degree angle to the skin, and then make small, gentle strokes downwards.
- You will notice hair and dead skin coming off your skin. Continue working in small patches until your desired facial areas are hair-free.
- Wipe off the residual hair, then apply a soothing gel or lotion to calm your skin.
Some precautionary steps you should follow before shaving your face.
- Never shave on freshly exfoliated skin. Always maintain a gap of two to three days between exfoliating and shaving. Similarly, never exfoliate at least immediately after shaving.
- Avoid harsh chemicals or active skincare ingredients for at least 24 hours.
- Be patient and work in gentle strokes while shaving to avoid razor cuts.
- Always sterilize the blade before use.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: