The Best Natural DIY Hair Treatments that Will Encourage Hair Growth
Waiting for your slow-motion hair flip moment? Same, girl. *teary eyes*
That is why I concluded that something must be done about that. I can’t be sitting like a damsel in distress, waiting for a miracle to happen to my lifeless hair. It’s 2022; you gotta take charge of yourself (and your hair).
The good news is that the market is saturated with a gazillion haircare products you can use in a jiffy to treat your hair concern. The bad news? Not all of them are bound to work, which means that your investment may or may not go down the drain once you decide to splurge on a product. It is a risky business, and I’d rather stay away from further potential damage (monetarily and emotionally).
Hence, DIY to the rescue!
DIY hair treatments are suitable for two significant reasons: first, they’re really cheap to make for weekly or bi-weekly applications. Secondly, it lets you experiment with different mixtures and concoctions to figure out what really works for you. This also makes you aware of ingredients to look out for in future store-bought purchases because you’ll know exactly what suits you.
Here are some DIY Natural Hair treatments that will prevent damage and encourage growth.
1. Castor Oil Massage
- Combine castor oil with a less viscous oil such as coconut oil or olive oil into a bowl.
- Warm it up in a microwave or over a double boiler such that the oil is warm to the touch.
- Then massage the concoction into your scalp into a thick, even layer.
- Leave the oil for minimum 15 – 20 minutes before rinsing off with a shampoo. However, the more you let the mask sit in your hair, the more nourishment it will provide.
Best for: Hair fall, dandruff, and dry hair.
The castor oil massage promotes hair growth while deeply nourishing the hair. It also treats dandruff due to its antimicrobial properties.
2. Egg, Yogurt, Coconut oil, Lemon Mask
- Crack an egg (quite literally), add 2-3 tbsps of plain yogurt and whisk well.
- Then, add 1 tsp each of coconut oil and lemon and mix well.
- Apply the mask using a brush or your fingertips onto every part of your hair.
- Let it sit for 15 – 20 minutes. Rinse off thoroughly with water and then shampoo.
Best for: Dry and rough hair.
The egg and yogurt in this mask deeply condition your hair leaving them soft, smooth, and shiny.
3. ACV Rinse
- Create a solution by mixing one tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) into half a cup of water.
- Adjust the quantity using the same ratio as per the length of your hair.
- After shampoo, rinse your hair with the ACV and water solution.
- Let it sit for at least 5 minutes before, and then wash it off with water.
- Incorporate the ACV rinse in your regular hair wash routine for permanently healthy hair.
Best for: Dull, flat hair. Residual build-up.
The ACV helps balance the pH of your hair. This helps eliminate any product residues in the hair, revealing a clearer scalp. Untamed hair also sits well after the rinse, thus looking smooth and shiny.
Loading the slow-mo hair flip in 3, 2, 1 …
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: