How to Make Your Own At-Home Beauty Masks
When it comes to skincare, there is no one-size-fits-all. What works for one person may not work for another. The only way to know what will work for you is by experimenting, and one way to do that is by incorporating DIY face masks into your daily routine.
The best part about these DIY beauty masks is that they’re easy and affordable to make. This allows you to have fun with them by trying as many as you like.
If you don’t have time to visit a spa or if your skin is sensitive, then making your beauty masks at home can be the answer. Plus, when you create one yourself, you know exactly what ingredients are going on your skin. You can also save money by making them at home as well.
3 Simple DIY Beauty Masks for Your Face
Honey, Olive oil, and Oats facial.
- Honey is known as a natural cleanser. It exfoliates dead skin cells and lightens the skin tone.
- Honey mixed with olive oil works best to hydrate your skin throughout the day, shielding your skin from dust and pollution.
- Oatmeal is used as a remedy for dried and disrupted skin types.
All three of these natural ingredients can turn out to be very beneficial for all skin types and mainly dried, dehydrated skin.
To make this triad mask, mix together honey and olive oil in a bowl. Add oatmeal and stir to combine. Apply the mixture to your face with your hands or a brush and allow it to sit for 15-20 minutes while you relax before rinsing off with warm water.
A lot of people are fond of fruit masks, but not many realize how easy it is to make one at home rather than purchasing it from the market every time you wish to apply.
- Strawberries are one of the most liked fruits. But did you know strawberries are good for your skin as well? It has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It also protects your skin from the UV radiations of the sun and hereby lightens skin tone.
To make a strawberry face mask at home, all you need to do is mash one ripe strawberry until it’s super liquidy, add 2 drops of coconut oil and finely ground sugar to it and then apply the pulp to your face using your fingers. Gently massage your face in an upwards motion and leave them on for 10 minutes before rinsing. Washing with warm water is preferred.
- Avocado is another beloved fruit. As much as it is delicious to eat, it has many benefits when applied to the skin. It prevents dryness. This is seen to be a very common skin problem in both men and women. It minimizes skin cell breakouts, which means it strengthens skin cells and provides a barrier from harmful chemicals to enter the skin. This way, it plays a role in improving overall skin health and delaying aging.
To make an avocado skin mask at home, all you need to do is get avocado and blend it well so that it turns into a syrupy consistency, then mix it with honey and 2 drops of coconut oil until smooth. Apply it to your face, neck, and arms and let it sit for 30 minutes and more.
Making your beauty masks at home not only requires minimum effort but also allows you to customize your masks for specific skin needs. It also gives you the satisfaction that the ingredients you’re using on your face are free from harmful chemicals. The best part? These masks can help you save a lot of money!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: