“The Clean Look” – And How You Can Achieve It
The term “Clean Look” has been floating around the internet for quite some time now. But what is it really? A new makeup trend or an old one making its comeback?
The Clean Look, like its name, is a no-fuss, neat makeup look with sleek hair, dainty jewelry, and casual clothes. If you’re familiar with the “no-makeup-makeup” – clean makeup is similar to that but apparently more noticeable. The best examples of this look are off-duty models and celebrities who are fresh and glowing with minimal makeup and chic clothing. The whole idea behind this makeup is to seem elegant and polished without going overboard – an effortless look, if you will.
I believe that this trend is a breath of fresh air after all the years of heavy makeup being the norm with its harsh contouring, beaming highlights, and elaborate eye-shadows. Although no offense to those who prefer the latter, because makeup is an art at the end of the day, and everybody is allowed to express themselves as they like.
So, if this sounds like your thing, here is how you can achieve this look too!
The Clean Look features a sleek bun with a middle part. To achieve this:
Part your hair from the middle and tie it into a tight bun. Then – the most important step – tame the flyways from the front and sides by using a hair gel, cream, or spray and brushing them away neatly.
Alternatively, you can keep your hair open and wavy for an equally alluring look.
As discussed above, the makeup in this look has to be simple and natural-looking. Follow the rules below to get exactly that.
- Use a concealer on targeted areas to cover any pigmentation or blemishes.
- Optional: if you need more coverage, use a tinted moisturizer or a lightweight foundation to even out the skin.
- Lightly powder on areas prone to crease or get oily during the day.
- Prefer cream blush, bronzer, and highlighter over powders for skin-like results. Use them to enhance your cheekbones and other facial features.
- Keep the brows fluffy and bushy with the help of tinted brow gels.
- Apply a neutral-colored eyeshadow on the eyelids (a bronzer would do the job too). A slight shimmer will give the illusion of bigger, more open eyes.
- Use an eyeliner – preferably brown – to line your eyes close to the lash line.
- Apply ample coats of mascara.
- For lips, keep it light and neutral. A moisturizing lipstick or gloss is the key to finishing off the Clean Look.
3. Outfit and Accessories
The outfit and accessories are crucial factors to make or break this look. Although the makeup and hairstyle discussed above will pair great with any outfit, however, the “Clean Look” can only be achieved when you keep your clothes simple, casual, and chic. For example, neutral-colored co-ord sets, oversized sweaters or shirts, or a dress are perfect for the purpose.
For jewelry, keep it classy and dainty, preferably gold. A necklace, earrings, mid-rings, and/or a watch will do the trick. Also, do not forget your oversized sunglasses! This is the level of chic we are aiming for.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: