How To Create a Glamorous Blog: advice from professional content editors
Blogging is a perfect way to share your view of the fashion industry, trends, designers, style, brands, collections with the world, while earning the status of a fashion expert and achieving financial independence.
Fashion blogger, who is this?
The fashion blogger publishes articles, notes, photos and videos on the topic of the fashion industry. For example, he talks about styles, shares successful combinations in clothes, reviews collections, highlights trends, and publishes interviews with designers. Attending shows and parties, reading related books and articles in industry publications, meeting and connecting with representatives of the industry help to maintain a fashion blog. Personal sites, Youtube channels, accounts on Instagram and other social networks become platforms for publications.
How to choose a blog niche: advice from content editors
Before writing an academic essay for the first time, consider an opportunity to order a professional college paper writing and/or editing online from essay-editor company services, where every editor is an English native speaker who is ready to edit any assignment in a blink of an eye.
The first step in a new endeavor is to choose a niche, i.e. you must understand what you want to blog about, what materials to publish. Brainstorming will help answer the questions:
- What is your future blog about in three words?
- Who is your perfect reader?
- Where does s/he live, what is s/he interested in, how old is s/he?
- What does the target audience blog offer?
- What area are you strong in?
- Are there any fashion bloggers or influencers you admire?
Next, do your research to find out what competitors you have and how they work. After analyzing other people’s blogs and answers to your questions, it will be easier for you to understand how to stand out from the rest and find a unique niche – topic, presentation style, content, design.
How do you choose a good name?
Starting from the chosen topic, start looking for a suitable name. It is worth stopping the choice on an easy-to-pronounce and meaningful option. Worthy names are Sea of Shoes, A Beautiful Mess. Many refer to various neoplasms from the words fashion and style. There is no need for this, especially since such options are too commonplace. If you intend to share subjective opinions and are looking to create a personal brand, consider adding your first and/or last name to the title.
Where to start a fashion blog?
Successful fashion bloggers know where to start a blog. Top recommendations include free platforms and social networks, including Blogger, Tumblr, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, plus WordPress, Joomla and Squarespace templates. Once you’ve gotten recognition from your readers/subscribers and started making money from blogging, it’s worth considering building your own website from scratch.
How to design a blog?
Giving advice on how to create a fashion blog is impossible to get around the theme. We are talking about a website, not pages on social networks. Consider organizing your blog space. All important sections should be placed in a prominent place at the top of the page, or highlighted in color. Give preference to a simple design, the main thing in a blog is content. Nothing should distract attention from the content of articles and videos. Pages overflowing with visual elements negatively affect the perception of information, and it is easy to get tired of them. High-speed Internet tempts fashion bloggers to place photo and video sliders on the home page, mercilessly devouring users’ traffic. Are you sure readers will want to spend time and gigabytes downloading unnecessary content?
What to write about?
Blog content is a king. You have chosen a unique niche that will help you to stand out. Think about the main topics you are going to cover. Don’t do everything at once, such as reviewing magazine shoots and posting translations of news from industry sites like BOF. Decide on the main topic of your blog, for example, you can become an expert on boots, discuss the shortcomings of organizing Fashion Weeks, talk about salaries in the industry, share interviews with experts, publish reviews of creative design studios.
Not all reference blogs stand out from the rest with their exclusive content, some rely on the techniques of design or presentation of material. For example, WhoWhatWear publishes collages with images of people and prices for these outfits, and Fashion Gone Rogue has created a special section with editorials.
How to create your own fashion blog that stands out against competitors?
- Uncover celebrity style secrets. People love to follow celebrities and want to dress like them, so they spend long hours on the pages of fashion blogs in search of information of interest.
- Give preference to looks with clothes at affordable prices. If you want to inspire people with your own style and vision of fashion, get closer to your readers/subscribers. Using available brands in clothing will allow them to identify with you.
- DIY projects are always popular.
- Share your unique take on fashion with the world. Fashion bloggers have chosen the theme of shows and glamorous parties. While everyone is discussing the collections of the designers presented at Paris Fashion Week, work on material about the extravagant looks of the audience who came to the show.
- Shoot a video. This does not only apply to fashion blogs on Instagram and Youtube. Video content opens up a ton of possibilities. The format is convenient for readers/viewers, because it frees from the need for reading and is clear. Take a review of the new collection of your favorite brand, take a walk with the camera through the showrooms of the city, and show several stylish images.
- Meet the designers. Rare bloggers bring this idea to life. Make friends with designers, interview them, talk about their work and collections. Submit your content with exclusive photos and videos taken in the process of creating the next thing.
- Take quality photos. The texts are important, but many people flip through the articles in search of visuals that catch on and provide answers to questions. Use different locations and backgrounds to diversify your content. Do not forget about the high quality of the sources and image processing.
- Regular publications. Competitor research will help you understand trends in publishing. In fact, if you want to attract more readers or viewers, aim for frequent blog postings. The more actively you publish content, the higher the traffic. According to Hubspot, blogs that posted 11 or more articles per month got twice the traffic compared to sites with just 1-2 posts/videos. Regular content updates lead search engines to identify your site as active and relevant.
Interesting fashion blog post ideas
Readers love this format, but the Internet is littered with monotonous collections that differ from each other in a couple of points. It’s important to make unique content. For example, when compiling your own list of extraordinary designers of the 20th century, share your personal opinion with readers. The rating should reflect your vision. Lists and tops grab the attention of readers/subscribers if they reflect a unique perspective and expert approach.
Once you have a good understanding of a particular topic, you can share your experience and create practical guides for readers: how to put together a basic wardrobe, how to get targeted by street style photographers, etc.
We’ve already talked about the value of publishing an interview. Don’t just talk to designers. Interview fashion industry professionals (buyers, photographers, marketers, CEOs, models), fashion connoisseurs, loyal brand aficionados, and more.
Do not forget about the possibility of earning money and popularizing your blog through reviews of brand collections or an assortment of showrooms.
People are hungry for news. The competition in this area is high. A fashion blogger should share first-hand news with personal comments and opinions.
Why not share your experience? Share with readers the story of your love for the fashion industry, write about the first steps in the blogosphere, and tell about interesting life experiences. Thanks to personal articles, the author becomes closer to the audience, it is interesting to watch him.
How to monetize your blog?
According to Business Insider, fashion brands will spend up to $ 15 billion on blogging by 2022. Why not take a bite out of a big pie? Experts told how to get money from a fashion blog.
Publish on the pages links to the products you like in the online stores of partners. All conversions are tracked, and you get a percentage of each sale.
Google Adsense allows you to display ads on your blog pages, the higher the traffic, the more income.
If you successfully run a fashion blog on Instagram, YouTube or other platforms, brands will pay attention to you and want to order paid advertising in any format. You may need to review the collection, recommend certain products, and share your opinion on the philosophy of the brand that is close to you.
Sale of branded goods
After gaining popularity with subscribers/readers, it is easy to start selling a branded product. If you’re writing about sustainable fashion, order eco-friendly shoppers with your own logo. You may want to sell stylish blankets or mugs, basic T-shirts, or other items.
If you have become a fashion expert and have achieved reader/subscriber recognition and the secrets of how to blog fashion, consider introducing premium content that will be available with a paid membership.
Paid consultations or online courses
Another option for experts to make money. Have you become a guru for creating images for publication? Do you know the secrets of entering a fashion profession? Give readers the opportunity to learn from your experience, conduct paid online courses or consultations.
Become a brand ambassador for your favorite brand and get paid to promote its products and philosophy.
Megan is a beauty expert who is passionate about all things makeup and glam! Her love for makeup has brought her to become a beauty pro at Glamour Garden Cosmetics.